ASL Updated Framework, July 1,
To provide top level clubs in the East Coast region a high quality league (boys & girls) in a showcase format that has significant games, limits expenses, and provides a platform for collegiate recruiting. In addition, ASL will create a scouting program to identify the top players and will promote those players through the league website and the regional and national media.
· Provide clubs an alternative route that has both significant games and limits travel expenses.
· Provide our players with events that maximize college exposure and continue development. Many clubs are currently participating in traditional tournaments and leagues that are no longer the top attended events by college coaches. The ASL will provide appealing events for colleges to identify and assess all of our clubs High School aged players at every event.
· Create a scouting program to identify the top players in the ASL.
Freestate Soccer Alliance, MD
Soccer Assciation of Columbia, MD
Triangle FC, NC
Beach FC, VA
U14, U-15, U16, U17, (boys & girls)
Must have an entry in all five age-groups - Unless a waiver is granted by the ASL Board of Directors
Each team must attend every event
Role of US Club Soccer
This league will be sanctioned by US Club Soccer which will provide:
- Insurance and Liability for players and coaches
- Ability to allow ASL to consult with US Club Soccer on potential league issues
- Document, structure, and marketing support
Club Criteria/Application (see ASL membership application)
Club must have a Director of Coaching.
Club must share the vision and mission statement of the league.
Must enter 1 team in each age group: U14, U15, U16, U17, U18.
Sign a club participation contract.
Must have teams attend every event.
Must have DOC attend summit league meeting every year to review, discuss, enhance, and vote on new policies for the following season.
Competition Format 2011-2012
Three Events 9 games (plus championship event 3 games) total 12 games
All clubs must attend every event
Showcase event/playoff in May, SAC Columbia Showcase
2012-13 ASL EVENTS
Event Division Dates________
Bethesda Girls (U14-U17) November 9-11
Boys (U14-U17) November 16-18
Triangle Friendlies Girls (U14-U17) January 25-27
Boys (U14-U17) February 1-3
Jefferson Cup Boys (U16-U17) March 8-10
Girls (U16-U17) March 15-17
SAC Showcase Boys/Girls (U14-U17) Memorial Day Weekend
ASL Championships Boys/Girls (U14-U17) June 2013 TBA
3 events – total of 9 league games, 3 games per event
June event – ASL Championship – 3 games in a Championship & Showcase format
Standings based on
Most Points – 3 pts win, 1 pt tie, 0 pt loss
Goal Differential GF – GA, Goals for
Each Age group champion and runner-up U14, U15, U16, & U17
Overall Club champion U14-U17